Name: ERVIN GOLDFAIN
Affiliation: WELCH ALLYN INC., SKANEATELES FALLS, N.Y. 13153.
Date of Birth: 03/06/1952
Education: POLYTECHNIC INSTITUTE OF BUCHAREST, ROCHESTER INSTITUTE OF OPTICS (SUMMER COURSE), MIT (SUMMER COURSE), U.C. BERKELEY (SUMMER
Address: 4422 CLEVELAND ROAD, SYRACUSE, N.Y. 13215
Research and Professional Experience
I am a Senior Research and Development Scientist with Welch Allyn Inc., Photonics Center of Excellence, located in New York State, USA. I have been granted 36 patents on various systems for biomedical optics applications and have published 35 contributions in ISI-listed journals with a total citation numbers of 140 and an H-index of 11.
Several medical instruments based on my optical designs have been honored with prestigious Research and Development awards. My scientific interests include novel Photonics Technologies and Advanced Research in High-Energy Physics (Quantum Field Theory, Nonlinear Science and Complexity Theory, Quantum Optics).
(3) R&D 100 TECHNOLOGY AWARDS FOR SURESIGHT VISION SCREENER, PANOPTIC
OPHTHALMOSCOPE AND MACROVIEW OTOSCOPE.
Publications Last 3 Years:
2008 to 2011 = 21 PUBLICATIONS AS FOLLOWS:
• EUROPHYSICS LETTERS (1)
• INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL FOR BIFURCATIONS AND CHAOS (1)
• ELECTRONIC JOURNAL OF THEORETICAL PHYSICS (2)
• COMMUNICATIONS IN NONLINEAR SCIENCE AND NUMERICAL SIMULATION (5)
• CHAOS, SOLITONS AND FRACTALS (1)
• PROGRESS IN PHYSICS (2)
• PRESPACETIME JOURNAL (6)
• HADRONIC MECHANICS (2)
• NOVA PUBLISHERS BOOK CHAPTER (1)